Information Centre of the Dalešice Hydro Power Station
The pumped-storage Dalešice Hydro Power Station was built between 1970 and 1978 on the Jihlava river in the area of the Kramolín municipality. The fill dam is 104 m high and the power station is equipped with four sets of reversing Francis turbines, each with a capacity of 112.5 MW (the total capacity of the power station is 450 MW). Some 7 km downstream is the 49 m high dam of the Mohelno equalization basin with a vertical axis Kaplan turbine of 1.2 MW capacity and a horizontal Francis turbine of 0.5 MW capacity. The complex of two dams and power stations is not used only for generation of electricity and water resources management, but also for recreation, and they play an environmental role, too. There is an Information Centre at the power station available to general public.
What you can see
- Information boards with information about the beauty of the surrounding nature
- Information boards with information about the ČEZ power company
- Information boards with information about the construction of the Dalešice and Mohelno power stations
- Information boards with information about the principle of operation of the waterworks, together with boards displaying cross-sections of the technological equipment and interesting photographs of its operation
- Video about this interesting waterworks on the Jihlava river
- The biggest attraction is the illuminated model of the pumped-storage hydro power station
When we are open?
September to June:
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00 (only on request)
July to August (summer holiday):
Monday to Sunday (incl. public holidays) 09:00 - 16:00 (permanent)
On weekends during the period of June to September interested parties can arrange an individual excursion with guides at the Information Centre of the Dukovany Power Station, either by phone or on the Internet pages.
Where you can find us?
ČEZ, a. s. - Vodní elektrárny
675 77 KramolínOrganiser of excursions:
ČEZ, a. s., Úsek jaderné energetiky
Jaderná elektrárna Dukovany
675 50 DUKOVANY