Donorship and Sponsorship Programme
An integral part of our corporate culture, philanthropy, characterizes CEZ Group as a long-term supporter of education, culture, sports, and community life through corporate donorship. Philanthropic activities at CEZ Group have long been governed by the motto: "We help where we operate".
Once again in 2012, CEZ Group continued to fulfill one of the pillars of its social responsibility through active donorship. We gained two number-one rankings in an independent national responsible and sustainable business competition, defended our number-one ranking in the TOP Responsible Corporation in the Biggest Corporate Donor 2012 category by volume of funding, and joint charity projects of CEZ Group, its employees, and the Nadace CEZ foundation won first place in the projects category of Most Engaged Employees of the Year 2012. CEZ Group's long history of donorship initiatives makes it one of the most active corporations in the Czech Republic in this area.
In 2012, CEZ Group companies donated a total of CZK 438.4 million. Of this amount, direct donations accounted for
CZK 262.5 million and contributions to the Nadace CEZ foundation totaled CZK 175.9 million. They also contributed another CZK 21.3 million in other, smaller donations.
Nadace CEZ (CEZ Foundation)
Over its ten-year history, the Nadace CEZ foundation (www.nadacecez.cz) has distributed donations totaling nearly CZK 1.48 billion to 4,300 public-benefit projects.
In 2012, the foundation supported 388 projects with a total amount of CZK 140.5 million. Funding support focused on
programs that responded to society's current needs. Orange Stairs helped integrate more handicapped students into the
mainstream learning process, Orange Classrooms supported students' interest in technical subjects, Support for Regions gave
new opportunities for developing community life. Orange Bicycle got the general public involved in helping the needy.
For the fourth time, the Nadace CEZ foundation was a partner of "Making Wishes Come True, Thinking of Others", a CEZ Group
employees charity initiative. In 2012, help went out to active retirees, with 697 employees donating a total of CZK 525,000 to the project, to which the Nadace CEZ foundation added another CZK 500,000. This financial assistance enriched the activities of 28 interest-based associations of retirees and other individuals whose active lifestyle serves as an inspiration for those around them.
Support for Education
ČEZ, a. s. has been implementing an education program, entitled World of Energy, since 1992. Through it, ČEZ, a. s. provides schools, teachers, and students a long-term program supporting education in technical and science-related fields. In addition to popularization, its goal is to give students positive motivation to study power engineering and spark their interest in a future career in our field. The program is open to all schools in the Czech Republic and offers them high-quality materials, panel discussions, special seminars, and tours. As a general partner, ČEZ, a. s. supports the Academy of the Sciences of the Czech Republic's "Science Week" event as well as Expo Science, the biggest national science competition for high-school students. In addition, the Company organizes its own science competition for university students and the CEZ Prize for theses and doctoral dissertations.
As a major corporation, CEZ Group provided advertising-based support to a number of community projects, large and small, from various walks of life. Through sports-related projects connected with environmental protection, we are a traditional supporter of trails for cycling and cross-country skiing, providing funding for their maintenance.
In accordance with tradition, CEZ Group engaged in partnerships in countries where it operates:
- Support in regions - NATO Days in Ostrava, Třebíč - Dukovany Nuclear Power Station cycling trail, Horní Počaply - Vlíněves - Zelčín cycling trail, South Bohemia Cycling Trails Foundation, Association of Firefighters of Bohemia, Moravia, and Silesia, Plácky Volunteer Fire Department, Association of Non-State Non-Profit Organizations of the Pilsen Region - Local Group, South Bohemia K9 Rescue Brigade, Region with a Better Outlook, Stability in Dynamism
- Culture and the arts - Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Colours of Ostrava music festival, Vysmáté léto (Summer Laughs) festival, Děčín Municipal Theater, Grand Festival of Laughter, Smetana's Litomyšl, Janáček's May, Bohemia Jazz Fest, Folk Summer Vacation in Náměšť nad Oslavou, City of Orlové House of Culture, Kaskáda Culture Center in Bílina, Leica Gallery Prague, Theater of East Bohemia in Pardubice, Gărâna - jazz music festival in Romania
- Amateur sports - maintenance of the Jizerská magistrála cross-country skiing trail, maintenance of cross-country skiing trails in Blanský les (Blansko Forest), Lipno, and Czech Canada, support for cycling as a form of transportation in Karlovy Vary, ČEZ STREET hockey, Track & Field for Kids in Kladno, the "Krkonošská 70", the TJ Lokomotiva Trutnov running competition
- Professional sports - the Czech Olympic Team, the Czech Extraliga, Chomutov Pirates ice-hockey team, Futsal AC ROSE Kadaň, ČEZ Basketball Nymburk basketball team, Czech Sports Association (ČSTV), Golden Helmet (Zlatá přilba), the Golden Spike (Zlatá tretra) and Kutná Hora Bar (Kutnohorská laťka) track & field meets, the Cyclo-cross World Cup in Tábor, junior players in the FK Teplice soccer team, Skiinterkritérium SKI klub Ústí nad Orlicí, Energie Karlovy Vary ice-hockey team, Sportovní klub Kadaň, Baník Sokolov soccer team, Teplice soccer team, PFK Levski Sofia soccer team
- Education - Science and Technology Days in Pilsen and Brno, Techmania (Regional Technical Museum in Pilsen), Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Student Union event, Science Week (Academy of Sciences), Science in the Streets (University of West Bohemia in Pilsen), book donations and rural education in Romania (Asociaţia Vasiliada), repair of a school near a power plant and summer camp for children with excellent report cards in Romania
- Aid for the needy - Social cars in Litoměřice, Žatec, Poděbrad, and Děčín (KOMPAKT), Association of the Wheelchair-Bound and the Mentally and Physically Handicapped in the Czech Republic, Hvězda SKP Pardubice, Physical Therapy Sojourns for Cerebral Palsy Patients (DMO pobyty civic association)
- The environment - Let's Clean Up the Jizerka Mountains, Learning Path of the Šumava National Park and Protected Natural Area Administration, Czech Union for Nature Protection - event in Vrané nad Vltavou, Czech Union for Nature Protection Elbe River Eco-center - Rescue Stations for Injured Wild Animals, learning trails of the Friends of Nature Near Forests
- Healthcare - Water Rescue Service of the Czech Red Cross Pastviny, Paramedic Rescue Service of the Vysočina Region, České Budějovice Hospital, Třebíč Hospital, Břeclav Hospital, Brno Hospital.
CEZ Group's advertising partnerships at the international level focused in particular on supporting sports and cultural events in the areas where we operate. The Group also supported the operation of the www.energiainfo.hu website with power industry-related information.