Donorship and Sponsorship Programme
An integral part of our corporate culture, philanthropy, characterizes CEZ Group as a long-term supporter of education, culture, sports, and community life through corporate donorship. Philanthropic activities at CEZ Group have long been governed by the motto: "We help where we operate".
Once again in past years, CEZ Group continued to fulfill one of the pillars of its social responsibility through active donorship. CEZ Group's long history of donorship initiatives makes it one of the most active corporations in the Czech Republic in this area.
In 2014, CEZ Group companies donated a total of CZK 327.6 million. Of this amount, direct donations accounted for CZK 158.0 million and contributions to the Nadace CEZ foundation totaled CZK 169.6 million.
Nadace CEZ (CEZ Foundation)
Over its twelve-year history, the Nadace CEZ foundation (www.nadacecez.cz) has distributed donations totaling nearly CZK 1.9 billion to 6,600 public-benefit projects.
In 2015, the foundation supported 963 projects with a total amount of CZK 182.8 million. Funding support focused on
programs that responded to society's current needs. Orange Stairs helped integrate more handicapped students into the
mainstream learning process, Orange Classrooms supported students' interest in technical subjects, Support for Regions gave
new opportunities for developing community life. Orange Bicycle got the general public involved in helping the needy.
For the fourth time, the Nadace CEZ foundation was a partner of "Making Wishes Come True, Thinking of Others", a CEZ Group
employees charity initiative.
Support for Education
ČEZ, a. s. has been implementing an education program, entitled World of Energy, since 1992. Through it, ČEZ, a. s. provides schools, teachers, and students a long-term program supporting education in technical and science-related fields. In addition to popularization, its goal is to give students positive motivation to study power engineering and spark their interest in a future career in our field. The program is open to all schools in the Czech Republic and offers them high-quality materials, panel discussions, special seminars, and tours. As a general partner, ČEZ, a. s. supports the Academy of the Sciences of the Czech Republic's "Science Week" event as well as Expo Science, the biggest national science competition for high-school students. In addition, the Company organizes its own science competition for university students and the CEZ Prize for theses and doctoral dissertations.
As a major corporation, CEZ Group provided advertising-based support to a number of community projects, large and small, from various walks of life. Through sports-related projects connected with environmental protection, we are a traditional supporter of trails for cycling and cross-country skiing, providing funding for their maintenance.
In accordance with tradition, CEZ Group engaged in partnerships in countries where it operates:
- Support in regions - ZOO Liberec, ZOO Děčín, ZOO Dvůr Králové, Jičín - town of fairytales, Day of the Police of the Czech Republic, Festival of young fashion Arcolor, Memorial Air Show, Witches on Ladronka 2015, District Football Association Mělník, Triatlon Mělník, Harvest festival in Žatec (58th edition)
- Culture and the arts - Colours of Ostrava music festival, Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (50th edition), Days of people of good will - Velehrad 2015, Folk Summer Vacation in Náměšť nad Oslavou, "Pocta sv. Cecílii" - concert of Jiří Stivín, Prague Proms festival, Shakespeare summer fest, 48 Hour Film Project, Struneři festival, The International Music Festival of Petr Dvorský, „Anifilm 2015“ - The International Festival of festival of animated film
- Amateur sports - Run Tour 2015 and Skitour cross-country skiing trail, Lipno sport fest 2015, maintenance of student competitions in Floorball, High school athleticcup, ČEZ Bedřichovský Night Light Marathon, ČEZ Pilsen Half Marathon, ČEZ Bike Prague, ČEZ City Cross Run 2015, Riverside Cross 2015, Dolomiten Man, maintenance of FIS international snowboard events
- Professional sports - the Czech Olympic Team (2001-2016), IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship 2015, ČEZ Jizerská 50, Traditional rowing races Primátorky Skupiny ČEZ (102nd edition), the Golden Spike (Zlatá tretra), European Indoor Championships in Athletics, World Cup Slalom Racing, Jiz50 RUN, Support of Talent team, Cyclo-cross World Cup in Tábor, ČEZ Basketball Nymburk basketball team, ČEZ Karlovarsko volleyball club, Rytíři Kladno ice-hockey team, awards ceremony Golden Hockey Stick and Sportsman of the Year 2015, Golden Helmet (Zlatá přilba, 67th edition)
- Education - Science and Technology Week, Campaign Safely from school to school, CSR Summit 2015 conference, Professional conference "Smallnuclear reactors for power and their potential for the Czech Republic", Conference P20, Prague European Energy Forum 2015, Conference NERS 2015, Day of Technological Agency Czech Republic, Carlsbad legal conference days, Czech energy and Ecology project, Quality conference - Kvalita 2015, EPE -16th international scientific conference Electric Power Engineering, Regional meeting of the Union of municipalities
- Aid for the needy - Monoski team - complex skiing disabled regardless of age or Federal jurisdiction, 3rd charity curling tournament, Benefit Concert "Children for Children", The second charity ball for blood donors, Sue Ryder Charity Cup, Michal Velíšek Price 2015, Beneficial music and theater festival Cihlafest, Slovácký humanitarian prom of disabled and all people of good will
- The environment - Cleaning of Dalešice dam, Booths for the falcon on the ventilation tower of Dukovany Nuclear Power Plant
- Healthcare - Třebíč Hospital, Water Rescue Service of the Czech Red Cross Třebíč, University Hospital Brno.
CEZ Group's advertising partnerships at the international level focused in particular on supporting sports and cultural events in the areas where we operate. The Group also supported the operation of the www.energiainfo.hu website with power industry-related information.