CEZ, a. s. - Hydroelectric Power Stations
ČEZ, a. s. - Hydroelectric Power Stations
All of the large hydroelectric power stations, except the Dalešice, Mohelno and Dlouhé Stráně hydroelectric power stations, are situated at the Vltava River where they form a cascade system called the Vltava Cascade.
Capacity of these power stations represents more than 17 % of the total installed capacity of ČEZ, a. s.
They have an important power-producing, water-system as well as ecological significance. While they are very resourceful, they do not load environment by any waste and represent an inexpensive resource of electric energy that is used namely in the peak-load periods. Moreover, pumped-storage hydroelectric power stations also enable purposeful use of electricity being produced by a less flexible energy resources in the low consumption periods.
The list of CEZ Group´s Hydroelectric Power Stations
|Powe Stations||Installed capacity (MW)||Year of commissioning|
|Mohelno||1,2; 0,56||1977; 1999|
|Dlouhé Stráně II||0,16||1996|
|Hradec Králové I||0,75||1926|
|Předměřice nad Labem||2,1||1953|
|Černé jezero I||1,5||1930|
|Černé jezero II||0,04||2004|
|Černé jezero III||0,37||2005|
|Štěchovice II||45||1948, 1996|
|Dlouhé Stráně I||650||1996|
The ecological politic of Hydroelectric Power Stations
Production of electric energy in the hydroelectric power stations is accompanied with environmental impacts. Environmental impacts of our activities are reduced by professional management and environmentally conscious attitude from our side. In environmental protection we come out of the knowledge of the technological equipment for production of electric energy, from professional abilities and commitment of our employees. Responsible approach to environment is documented with the following binding principles:
- Environmental protection is one of the basic priorities of the organizational unit ČEZ, a. s., Hydroelectric Power Stations and becomes an integral part of its management.
- The basic pre-condition for the environmental protection in hydroelectric power stations is the prevention based on establishing systemic conditions for safe and reliable operation of technological equipment. ČEZ, a. s., Hydroelectric Power Stations, is obliged to permanently monitor and assess its ecological profile, and based on the established facts to introduce the appropriate measures aimed at improvements.
- The basic condition of the environmental management system's functionality is an application of the Czech legal provisions covering the environmental protection.
- We monitor and assess the environmental impacts of our activities, and use the results of these assessments for entrepreneurial activities and for informing the state and regional administration authorities and the general public.
- When preparing technological measures aimed at environmental protection we apply the best, economically acceptable, safe and environment-friendly solutions.
- Our environmental approaches respect conditions of the locations where our power plants are operating, and we attentively respond to a constructive criticism and proposals of the concerned parties.
- Taking into consideration the location of hydroelectric power stations and in connection to environmental aspect registers, water protection is a priority. Primary effort includes prevention of water-harmful substance leakage to water course. For this purpose, technical and organizational measures are applied. We also contribute to environmental protection, except other, also by a flow balancing and limiting the flood waves in the rivers the energy potential of which is used by us.
- By systemic training of our employees we are increasing and extending their qualification, skills and ecological consciousness needed for environmental protection.
- Our selection of suppliers and business partners is based on a careful scrutiny of their approach to environment, and this factor will be more and more emphasized in the future.
- To fulfil our policy, we set concrete objectives, target values and environmental protection programs, including the preparation of resources needed for their implementation.
- Our activities are periodically evaluated and the results of these evaluations are used for improving the quality of our targets and means while searching opportunities for further improvement of the environmental protection.
- We apply international experiences in environment-friendly operation of hydroelectric power stations. International reputation of the company is increased by a mutual exchange of practical knowledge.