Following the conclusions and recommendations of the National Action Plan for the Development of Nuclear Energy in the Czech Republic, CEZ, a. s. established a subsidiary - Elektrarna Temelin II, a. s. in 2015, which implements the project of the New Nuclear Power Plant in Temelin Site. Thus, the company Elektrarna Temelin II, a. s. is part of the CEZ Group and fully controlled by CEZ, a. s. (further corporate information, such as Board members, is available in the CEZ Group's notable entities overview (in Czech).
The only nuclear reactor technology considered for the New Nuclear Power Plant in Temelin Site is Pressurized Water Reactor technology. This type of reactor can be supplied by a several world-renowned manufacturers nowadays:
- AP1000, Westinghouse Electric Company LLC (USA);
- APR1000, Korea Hydro&Nuclear Power (South Korea);
- APR1400, Korea Hydro&Nuclear Power (South Korea);
- EPR, Framatome, EDF Group (France) and Siemens (Germany);
- EPR1200, Framatome, EDF Group (France) and Siemens (Germany).