The Přelouč Hydroelectric Power Station
The small hydropower plant Prelouc, which was put into operation in 1924, operates as a run-of-river hydropower plant on the 116th km of the Labe river. The plant was equipped with four vertical Francis turbines from the firm Josef Prokop & synove (and sons) – Pardubice. Two turbo-generators with the original turbines are still in operation, but two of the Francis turbo-generating sets were replaced by vertical sets with Kaplan turbines with the output of 677 kW in 2003. The plant operates at a small head, smaller than 4 m, and its total maximum usable flow is 84 m3/sec. The installed capacity of the entire plant is 2,340 kW.