Two standard Turbo charging stands and one wallbox are available at the parking lot of the Porsche dealership at Prague – Prosek. In order for the stations to be able to guarantee drivers of Porsche electric cars charging to full capacity, at any time, and put power that’s good for driving 100 kilometres in a Porsche Taycan model in 4 minutes, they are supported by a special Porsche Turbo Charger DC Box battery with a capacity of 20 kW. Its installation and commissioning are the work of ČEZ ESCO, which will also take care of its servicing and maintenance. The battery box that continuously stores power supplied from the network consists of 40 battery modules and is able to supply 140 kWh of power to stands “in one go”. Such a volume of power would cover the consumption of one Czech household for 15 days.
“The Porsche brand applies principles of sustainable development and a responsible approach to the environment worldwide. Support and development of electromobility is a logical step towards the achievement of those goals. At the initial stage at Prague - Prosek, we are investing around CZK 6 million in the construction of the requisite infrastructure at our Porsche dealerships in the Czech Republic. With the system installed at Prosek, we want to show that with a suitable combination of stands and battery system, we are able to significantly reduce the charging time for electric vehicles,” said Jan Sedláček, Executive Director of Porsche for the Czech Republic.
“We consider being able to prepare a turn-key solution for the electromobility future of a customer as discerning as Porsche to be a great testament to our abilities. Customised solutions for other Porsche dealerships are at an advanced stage. We are talking not only about facilities for charging electric cars, but complete power management and reduction of the energy performance of buildings,” says Kamil Čermák, CEO ČEZ ESCO.
Electromobility in a nutshell
- More than 6,000 electric cars are currently registeredin the Czech Republic. A record 3,306 electric cars were registered last year alone.
- The ČEZ Group operates the most extensive network of public charging stations for electric cars in the Czech Republic, currently comprising 300 stands.
- In the sphere of electromobility, ČEZ ESCO offers a broad range of related services and products for companies, municipalities, as well as regions.
- The flagship of accumulation in the ČEZ public charging station network is Vestec, by the D0 motorway. The power required for operating three 50 kW rapid charging stations is generated by a FVE with a capacity of 21 kWp mounted on the roof, which stores the power in a battery system with a power storage capacity of 275 kWh. The system is capable of charging up to 7 electric cars at once.
- ČEZ also supports the development of electromobility on the global level: it has a share in two developed technology platforms – Driivz (a system supporting the operation of a network of charging stations and customer accounts) and Vulog (carsharing of electric cars).
ČEZ, a. s. Porsche Inter Auto CZ
Martin Schreier Petr Mošnička
Press Officer After Sales Manager
Tel. 725 765 848 Tel. 257 107 381
ABOUT ČEZ ESCO:
ČEZ ESCO (Energy Service Company), a ČEZ subsidiary providing comprehensive coverage of the energy requirements of companies, municipalities, and institutions of all kinds. It supplies electricity, gas, and heat, purchases electricity, trades in emissions allowances, offers energy audits and consulting, construction of power facilities, co-generation units, and rooftop photovoltaic power plants. It also operates many of its customers’ power facilities for them, providing maintenance and servicing. ČEZ ESCO also supplies services related to public and corporate electro-mobility. ČEZ ESCO has nearly 2,000 employees and its subsidiaries include AirPlus, AZ KLIMA, Bytkomfort, ESCO Distribúčné sústavy, ČEZ Energetické služby, ČEZ ENERGO, ČEZ LDS, ESCO Servis, Domat Control System, E-Dome, ENESA, ESCO SLOVENSKO, HORMEN, KART, KLF-Distribúcia and Spravbytkomfort. For more see www.cezesco.cz.