Memberships in Organizations
Memberships in International and Domestic Organizations
CEZ Group and its specialists are members of a number of international organizations that deal with climate change issues and technologies for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. For example, we are a member of:
ČEZ is involved in the following international research and development organizations and initiatives: VGB, IAEA, and the OECD-IEA implementing agreement. We also participate in several projects within the EU’s 6th and 7th Framework Programs for research and development (e.g. NULIFE, Geocapacity, and CO2EuroPipe).
ČEZ is also a member of three European technology platforms:
- SNE-TP (sustainable nuclear energy),
- Smart Grids,
- ZEP (clean coal and CCS technologies).
As of January 2011, CEZ Group joined the 450 organizations from 40 countries that are members of EPRI (the Electric Power Research Institute). Membership gives us access to a knowledge base encompassing all kinds of different electric power projects and their implementation.
ČEZ is one of the 13 founding members of the Sustainable Energy Czech Republic Technology Platform, where it holds key positions in the Board of Administration and Executive Committee.
Since 2008 our subsidiary, the nuclear research institute Ústav jaderného výzkumu Řež, has been a member of the European Technical Safety Organisation Network (ETSON). Fellow members include the following leading European research organizations: IRSN (France), GRS (Germany), VTT (Finland), and Bel V (Belgium). In late 2009, the subsidiary of Ústav pro jaderný výzkum Řež – Centrum výzkumu Řež – was accepted into the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA), an association of 15 key European energy research organizations.
Another of our subsidiaries, ČEZ ICT Services, is a member of a strong international association of energy-sector companies involved in providing telecommunications services, registered under the 4cE mark.
Czech Republic Quality Council and Quality in the Power Industry Section
In 2010, ČEZ acceded to the Czech Republic Quality Charter, thereby pledging to meet the obligations set forth in that document. The objective of the Charter is to support, in the private and public sectors, the approach to quality formulated in the approved National Quality Policy strategy, develop qualityoriented education at all levels, and support awareness of ethics and morals in society.
In October 2010, ČEZ supported the Charter’s goals by becoming an administrator and founding member of a professional section within the Czech Republic Quality Council, entitled Quality in the Power Industry.
The new section covered a missing segment in the Quality Council’s activity spectrum, and gave rise to cross-segment cooperation on quality in an important field. The new section is beneficial for the National Quality Policy and is a platform for addressing topics of current interest relating, for example, to the influence of human resources quality on nuclear safety in conjunction with the power industry. In addition to the administrator, other members of the Quality in the Power Industry section include, for example, representatives of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, ČEZ Distribuce, ČEPS, PRE Distribuce, ŠKODA JS, I & C Energo, EGP INVEST, the State Office for Nuclear Safety, and others.
The Business for Society Platform
CEZ Group is an active member of the Business for Society platform, working in the platform’s expert groups and supporting the idea of cultivating the business footprint. We are involved, both conceptually and practically, in setting the standards for corporate social responsibility and strategic donorship. CEZ Group recognizes the need for discussion, innovation, collaboration, and sharing of good practices. In the Czech Republic, we apply the international LBG/SOF (Responsible Corporation Standard) methodology to data reports.
CEZ Group is a member of a network entitled “Know-how for a better world”. This is a Czech network of responsible corporations that support the non-profit sector through expert donorship (professional consulting in line with the professional qualifications of individual volunteers, in such areas as marketing, communications, PR, IT, and legal services) and professional Pro Bono services. The network was launched within the Business for Society platform in commemoration of European Year of Volunteers 2011.
Acting both on their own and together, the member companies endeavor to help nonprofit organizations. Their common goal is to increase the societal benefit and effectiveness of corporate volunteering programs as a whole. This is a strategically advanced form of support.
Awards Won by CEZ Group
- 4th place in the Risk & Energy Commodity Ratings 2010 in the Electricity category, Eastern Europe region.
- 2nd place in All Stars overall ranking, 1st place in Production and Distribution of Electricity, Water, Gas, and Steam category, and 1st place in City of Prague in the 100 Most Admired Companies in the Czech Republic for the year 2009, announced by the CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- ČEZ recognized by the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic as the biggest corporate income tax contributor to the Czech Republic’s state budget in 2009.
- Award in the 5th annual Czech Public Relations Prize announced by the Association of Public Relations Agencies. CEZ Group took first prize in the category Corporate Social Responsibility and Philanthropy in recognition of its project “Time for a Good Cause” – CEZ Group corporate volunteering.
- 1st place in the Most Desired Company category in the Sodexo Employer of the Year 2010 competition; ČEZ won the award based on votes from university students.
- 1st place in the overall CZECH TOP 100 ranking for the year 2009 and 1st place in the Top Manufacturing and Commercial Companies category.
- ČEZ Zákaznické služby wins Golden Quality Star in the 2010 International Quality Award competition.
- Romanian company CEZ Distributie wins the following awards from Camera de Comerţ şi Industrie a Judeţului Dolj (Dolj County Chamber of Commerce and Industry): 1st place in the ranking of the best companies in generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity 2009, award for regularly placing among the best companies in the last five years, and award among companies with the highest turnover in 2009.
- 1st place in the TOP Philanthropist 2010 competition in the biggest corporate donor category; this competition is organized by the Donors Forum civic association, in cooperation with CZECH TOP 100.
- 1st place in the Over 250 Employees category in the National Prize of the Czech Republic corporate social responsibility competition.
- 1st place overall, 1st place in the Information Value category, 2nd place in the Graphic Design category in the Best Annual Report of the Czech Republic 2009 competition organized by the CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- 1st place in the Best Company Magazine for Employees in 2009 category in ranking announced by CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- 2nd place in the 100 Best Czech competition organized by Comenius, the pan-European Society for Culture, Education, Scientific & Technical Co-operation.
- Award for exceptional success in Geographical Information System roll-out goes to the Bulgarian company CEZ Razpredelenie Bulgaria AD from software firm ESRI Bulgaria Ltd.
- ČEZ Zákaznické služby wins 3rd place in the worldwide competition entitled 2010 Top Ranking Performers in the Contact Center Industry. The company reached the global finale from the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) regional group, where it succeeded in the categories Best Contact Center, Best Leader, and Best Contact Center Trainer.
- 1st place in the Risk & Energy Commodity Ratings 2011 in the Electricity category, Eastern Europe region.
- 2nd place in All Stars overall ranking; 1st place in the category Production and Distribution of Electricity, Water, Gas, and Steam; and 1st place in the City of Prague in the 100 Most Admired Companies of the Czech Republic 2010 ranking compiled by the CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- 2nd place overall in the 100 Most Admired Companies of the Czech Republic competition – 2011. The competition is organized by the CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- 1st place in a competition for implemented district heating and cooling system projects organized by the Association of Power Heating Plants of the Czech Republic. CEZ Group and the City of Bohumín won in the category Development of District Heat Systems for a project to supply heat from Dětmarovice Power Station and build a new district heat network.
- 2nd place overall in the 100 Most Admired Companies of the Czech Republic competition – 2010, organized by the CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- CEZ Group defends top ranking in the Country – Czech Republic 2011 category in an annual survey of investors and analysts conducted by IR Magazine.
- Industry Champion Award Winner for the Czech Republic goes to ČEZ Zákaznické služby. The award, decided by an international jury vote, was granted by the Global Association For Contact Center Best Practices & Networking in cooperation with ContactCenterWorld on the occasion of the 2011 Top Ranking Performers in the ContactCenterWorld conference.
- 1st place in the Employer of the Year competition in the category Most Desired Company – according to a survey conducted among university students – and HR managers’ award for the human resources project “Where Else...” (Kde jinde...) designed to encourage students to study at technical schools and to recruit graduates. The competition is organized by Fincentrum Media under the patronage of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic.
- Platinum star for quality awarded to ČEZ Zákaznické služby in the 2011 International Quality Award competition, in recognition of CEZ Group customer services.
- 1st place in the Energy Sector in the WebTOP100 competition, 7th place overall. The competition is organized by the WebTOP100 club.
- Awards for ČEZ from the Business for Society platform in the TOP Responsible Company 2011 ranking: 1st place in Biggest Corporate Donor category, 7th place in TOP Responsible Large Corporation category, 5th place in Most Engaged Employees category, 5th place in Socially Beneficial Project category, 5th place in Environmental Innovator category, and a special award in the Company and School category for the company’s systematic, strategic to the development of education in the Czech Republic.
- Honorable mention by the jury of the 9th annual nationwide competition Czech Energy and Environmental Project/Innovation for a project to supply heat for heating homes and businesses from Dětmarovice Power Station and a new district heating system in Bohumín.
- 1st place in the Best Annual Report 2010 ranking, 1st place in Information Value category, 2nd place in Graphic Design category, and 1st place in Magazine for Employees category. The competition is organized by the CZECH TOP 100 Association.
- 2nd place for ČEZ and 10th place for Severočeské doly in the 100 Best Czech competition organized by Comenius, the pan- European Society for Culture, Education, Scientific & Technical Co-operation.
- Certification award for the Dlouhé Stráně pumped-storage hydro power plant – absolute winner in the public survey The Seven Wonders of the Olomouc Region. The plant also placed first in a similar survey conducted by the Olomoucký deník, a daily newspaper.
CEZ Group international member companies also won awards in 2011. In the “Responsible Business Awards 2011”, the prestigious CSR competition in Bulgaria organized by the Bulgarian Business Leaders Form (Български форум на бизнес лидерите), ČEZ Bulharsko took first place in the category Human Resources Investor (Инвеститор в човешкия капитал). The award was given in recognition of how the company cares for its employees in the areas of OSH, fair wages, and open social dialog. The award was presented to company representatives by the Bulgarian Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Totju Mladenov. In 2011, a total of 65 projects were entered in the competition by leading Bulgarian companies – the biggest industrial enterprises, industrial corporations, and banks.